BLOCK-ONE HOUSE Kumusta Naman!

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Things I Never Did
Lea Santos
(Action Literary Folio)
College of the Holy Spirit


Do you remember the days you were so generous of me you thought I’ be appreciative?
I thought I’d return the deed, but I never did.

Do you remember the days we argued a thousand times and you’re the only one who always said sorry?
I thought I’d learn to apologize, but I never did.

Do you remember the days I hurt you with my harsh words and you gently told me about it?
I thought I’d mend my ways, but I never did.

Do you remember the days you cried so hard at my being naïve and promised to change?
I thought I’d be sensitive, but I never did.

Indeed, there were lots of things I didn’t do
But you put up with me, and loved me, and kept your patience with me.

There were so many things I wanted to say to you when you bid goodbye.
But I never did.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home